How to Secure Your NBI Clearance in Davao City

Securing an NBI Clearance have always been met with anxiety especially when you hear stories of
long lines, irate government service providers, delays, heat, and all the other accounts that would just make wish you don't have to go through it. I applied for my NBI clearance recently and it took me about a whole day. Not because the system was inefficient but because I didn't do my research ahead of time and didn't do things that I should've. Read on for tips to help secure your NBI Clearance easily.

1. Go online and fill up the application form. (http://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/)




  • Provide the information required from you. Make sure that you check that the data you are giving is correct (spellings, date of birth, address, names etc). While it is supposedly mandatory to provide proof of identification such as passport, birth certificate and the like, these are not checked upon application. 
  • In my experience, the officer didn't even make me check if the information I provided was correct.
  • Click the button "Submit" or "Save Information"
2. Get your reference number or print out your form.

*DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PAY ONLINE. You will just be wasting your time. I tried to do it but I always see the error message "Unable to enter trxn." or something like that. I tried twice. Good thing my Visa Card wasn't charged.

Instead do the following:
  • Select NBI Branch (NBI Davao-SEMRO)
  • Indicate the purpose for the Clearance.
  • Set an appointment.
  • Click the Button Bayad Center
  • It will launch Dragonpay Payment Portal. Choose LBC
  • Make sure that your Reference number is on the page you are about to print out.
  • Print the Page.

When you get your printout, write your name on it in block letters and put "LOCAL" for local applications and "ABROAD" for Overseas employment or travel.


3. Go to the NBI Clearance Center really early.
The NBI DAVAO-SEMRO is located along JP Laurel Ave. in front of Victoria Plaza Mall. Going there by 7 in the morning or earlier will save you half a day. Trust me I should've done this. I dillydallied and arrived at the center by 8am. There are no forms available at the center so you have to go to an internet shop or stalls providing "NBI Online Express." It's a thriving business around the NBI Center.

Since I didn't have my print out I had to spend about 10 minutes at the NBI Online Express. I had to pay P30 just to access my account and print out the form.


4. Submit your printout at the information desk just before you enter the waiting area.
Your form will be assigned a number. This is supposedly the "Data Check" part but I doubt if they're doing that at all. You will then be admitted inside the center and asked to wait for your name to be called at the releasing area.  

5. Wait for your form to be released. Your name and number will be called. 
By 9am the applicants were informed that all numbers from 270 up will be accommodated in the afternoon. My number was 317 so unfortunately I had to return at 2pm.


6. Pay the application fee at the Cashier.
You will only pay P115.00. In your printout it says there P140. That only applies if you pay it in a bayad center. 

   *If your appointment is in the afternoon you may leave the center after paying. Make sure though to return around 1-1:30pm. You'll never know when they'd start releasing the forms. The officer said they were going to release them at 2pm but an intern began calling out the names at 1:45 by mistake. 




7. Wait for your name and number to be called at the releasing for your receipt and for your form.

After this the number will be of no purpose to you anymore. The moment you are called make sure that you get your form immediately and take a seat at the Biometric Clearance System waiting area. You could be number 200 but if you're not quick enough you could end up being number 250 in the line.



8. Encoding and Biometrics 
The next long line will be at the encoding and biometrics. There are 3 servicing windows. It only takes about 3-5 minutes per applicant to be accommodated at each window.  However, when I took my seat I was already the 50th person in line. It took about 1.5 hours for me to reach the encoding window. 



*For "HIT" Applicants make sure to ask when you're supposed to return. Some blogs and persons I have talked to say it takes 10 days but I overheard the officer tell other "HIT" applicants to come back after three (3) working days (and that's what it says on the sign posted there on the wall). Then I heard one of the officers tell an applicant to come back on Wednesday. We applied Monday so that's only 2 working days to Wednesday, right? not counting Monday?  So make sure that you clarify with the officer when you're supposed to return.

 9. Wait for your name to be called by the releasing officer for your NBI Clearance.

Not all of my time was spent at the NBI Clearance Center. 1 hour in the morning and about 2.5 hours in the afternoon. However, it would be best to allot one day for it just in case problems come up like loss in internet connection, processing your application/data encoding, or there happens to be too many applicants on the day you are to get your clearance. They accommodate at least 400-500 applicants a day.

I hope sharing my experience would help those who will be securing their NBI Clearance soon, especially to my CRES classmates who will be taking the Real Estate Board Exam in May. All the best to you when you get your clearance.

God bless!

Comments

  1. Hi Shey. I already have applied for an NBI Clearance online and paid for it using the e-payment. In there, I got my reference # and the status is marked as paid. Appointment is on Feb. 6. Do I have to pay again for the fee in NBI Semro? Also, is it okay if I have the form printed in advance rather than have it printed right there - just to avoid hassle. Will they accept that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Care to share your thoughts?

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Found Her

What To do When You are Stressed