What To do When You are Stressed





I believe David wrote the Psalms at the most stressful moments of his life as a king. He had a daily rendezvous with death. He hid in caves. He saw carnage. His own flesh and blood betrayed him. His wives were captured. He committed adultery and murder at a moment of weakness and we can only assume that it was due to stress. Yet through all this he was called the man after God's own heart.

Here are my insights that I'd like to share about stress management:

Wisdom #1 When stressed Sleep. Allow God's healing to flow. When we are asleep it gives him time to work because we're not getting in the way.
Psalm 3:5-6 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me from every side. 

Wisdom #2 When stressed Lie Down. Stress makes us angry, frustrated, impatient. Go to bed lie down on your back. It relieves pressure from your head and rest of the body. Lying down allows you to look up to God for help.
Psalm 4:4 In your anger (stress, frustration, pain) do not sin. when you are on your beds, search your heart and  BE SILENT. (Even in stressful moments) Offer the right sacrifices to the Lord.

WISDOM #3 Present your requests to God, WAIT, PRAY, and PLAN. There are things beyond our control. Unfinished business from the day before. Presenting our requests first thing in the morning gives us hope as we expect God's answer and intervention on our concerns and needs for the day. 
Psalms 5:3 In the morning, Lord, I lay my requests before you and WAIT expectantly.

The Lord has always been telling me to surrender my stressors to him, not really surrendering to the stress. The body, the mind and even the soul can only take so much. I even stopped looking at the clock so I don't get pressured by time. I just make sure to finish what needs to be done for the day. When I'm tired, that is already a signal to stop and lie down for God to do his work. :)

Hope this helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Secure Your NBI Clearance in Davao City

I Have Found Her